Preparing for Your trip to Brazil to see John of God
Pre-Trip Check List:
- Check your passport and/or apply for one immediately. Make sure your passport is valid for six months beyond our departure date, if not you will need a new one! Also, make sure there is available space for Visa, if you have run out of Visa pages, you must apply for a new passport before you send it to the Brazil consulate for your Visa.
- Make sure to fill out the online form sent via Hello Sign, as well as the questionnaire sent via email. Once both are received we will email you a PayPal invoice for you to make your deposit. Only once these 3 actions are complete you will be officially enrolled.
- As soon as you have your travel and health insurance information please email it to email@example.com.
- Insurance is required by the Casa. For Americans we recommend Travel Guard, click here to get a free quote. If you are in Canada call 866.878.0191
- Purchase your airline tickets (this may need to be done prior to Visa application for USA). Contact us about flight coordination and the best place to get excellent airfare. We have found it most pleasant to enter and leave Brazil through Brasilia. Be sure the name on your passport matches the name on your tickets. Be sure to send us your flight information so that we can arrange the airport pick up and drop off for you! As the online itinerary suggests, the official Van will be picking up the group arriving in Brasilia on Sunday by 8:30 am. If you are arriving any day before that, let us know so we can reserve extra nights for you in the hotel in Brasilia or Abadiania, as well private taxi. Extra nights and private taxi are not covered in the price of the retreat. Also if you are leaving before the group or after, we will be happy to arrange private transportation for you.
- Get your Brazilian Visa for USA or Canada. Contact us for hotel information on letter of invitation. For Visa, the best place is always direct with Brazilian Consulate. If you live far away from one I would suggest you to use a Visa Agent, they will charge you a fee besides the normal Visa fee; however, they might help you to expedite the Visa process a little bit, and also make sure the documentation you put together and fill out is correct. If you are in Canada try to go to main cities instead Visa Service places. The difference in time can be large, from 6 days to 6 weeks.
- Make copies of your passport, visa, travel insurance, and other travel documents to bring with you.
- There are no immunizations required for travel to Abadiânia for adults. However, some people may feel more comfortable if they have updated vaccines. Check with your physician about your needs.
- Please read through “A Guide to the Casa” (dated, but overall good information). Contact us if you have questions.
- Please reflect further on your intentions for this journey. This process is part of the healing, as we come to hold a clearer intention for what wholeness means to us, and our highest intentions at all levels, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Bring this reflection into your meditation. Before the trip, we'll ask you to write it out and bring it with you to the Casa. We highly recommend you watch the movie: Healing. Click HERE to view.